Saturday, 7 January 2012

Today bits and bobs

Well today has been very productive . We have been over to Patchwork Chicks in Barrowford, a fabric shop . They had a fab sale on and I had a lovely time in there. After a good purchase I came home and started cutting. Managed to sew these squares up today - got to say I'm very impressed with my efforts. It's a middle of a quilt for Ellie. The dark red spots and the lime green are for border and for the binding . H , this is to prove I have done it , you can see it in France.
I actually forgot to get some solid colour for the Borders so will have to make another journey next weekend - ho hum.
I'm going now to do some art journalling for a CJ that I have just started and it needs to be posted off on the 21st Jan . I've chosen to do sewing stuff so hope everyone can think of enough stuff . Not really bothered, just pretty backgrounds will do and then I can journal onto them.



The lovely fabric I have bought.Some of these are for a lovely bag I got a pattern for at Christmas.


10 comments:

Snafu said...

very nice, told you you didn't need a new machine...(:P)

Unknown said...

that' so pretty-great colours!!

My not so simple life said...

beautiful quilt. bet it will look amazing when finished

Claire said...

Gorgeous quilt, very pretty colours.
C xx

Sue Jones said...

will be fab when its finished. Lovely colours

fatmonica said...

It's lovely!Look forward to seeing your CJ-I think I'm in the same one!

Anonymous said...

I love the start of the quilt. I really would like to have a go at it one day.

Snafu said...

when are you going to make me one for my log cabin...plain colours none of them fancy bits mind..

sixofone aka Leah said...

The quilt looks lovely and bright

Indianna said...

Love the quilt- with a new machine you will be able to sew it faster and then Asb coul have a log cabin quilt. Hope all your fabric was in the sale section!