Well as the village show is coming up next week I thought that I would enter. Last year I entered the scone section and was really upset not to win a prize, although the lady who was judging did say that I would get 1st prize if I had put fruit in. The class was for a fruit scone after all - yes I didn't read the application properly !
Well I've entered a few categories this year from jams and chutneys to photographs, so let's see what I manage to come up with next week. Now I've made some chilli jam today , gorgeous with bacon butties. The recipe is on the web, it's so easy. Chop
150g of chillies and boil with 1kg of sugar and cider vinegar. Then faff about with it for a while and this is what you get !
Off to do the washing up now and then check if the strawberry jam and onion chutney that I have also made this afternoon have set. The house stinks to high heaven of vinegar though, oops......

1 comment:
Looks yummy - save some for me!
Post a Comment