Sunday, 4 March 2012

A sewing weekend

I've had a lovely weekend . The children have both been away at Scout camp in the Lake District. This brought back memories when I took them on Friday as I spent many happy weekend there as a teenager and into my early
20's. To be honest it hasn't changed one bit.

On the sewing from I finished off my mini quilt which is at the moment whisking it's way off to snowy Sweden. Hope Carin like it. The design is inspired by a blog called Why not sew and a very talented lady called Erin. Hope I have done her ideas justice.

Two friends have a birthday in the next two weeks so I have sewn them a present and they will both go in the post tomorrow. How busy have I been !

Well the babies are back have eaten chicken dinner and my washing machine is on it's second cycle since they walked through the door .

Below is the picture of the mini quilt that I've finished.



4 comments:

Indianna said...

It's turned out fantastic - is this the start of a new hobby? I have a birthday this week....I love hand made pressies too :o)

Indianna said...

Lucy is running a campaign to turn off word verification - especially as they are not words and it takes for ever to do on my touch.
Click on the ROBOT on my blog to find out how to turn it off.

Snafu said...

I like it. You forgot to mention the quilt for daughters bed you did too !!!!

Juliwan said...

Gorgeous you clever thing